Beachcomber Holiday Apartments are situated 100 meters from the beach, and the South West Coastal Path runs past the front door.
Swanage Bay offers award winning sandy beaches, diving from the pier, crabbing from the stone quay, fishing and sight seeing boat trips, boat hire and paddle boarding. It is still possible to find places on the beach where you can escape from the hustle and bustle and hear nothing apart from the sea for hours on end. Swanage Bay has everything that you want from a traditional seaside town.
Swanage also has so much more to offer than an exceptionally lovely seaside. From the beach you can walk in any direction and within five minutes you can be walking in the beautiful Purbeck countryside. If you love walking in amazing countryside for hours on end without seeing another soul you will love walking down here. I should say at this point that there also some great refreshment stops!
From Beachcomber Holiday Apartments you can walk over the hill to Studland or along the ridgeway to Corfe Castle. One of our favourite walks has to be along the ridgeway to Corfe Castle, a refreshment stop and then the Steam Railway back to Swanage. There are so many walks and all so different. The thing that they all have in common is that you really are never that far away from seeing or hearing the sea.
Swanages incarnation as a seaside town is quite new, originally it was at the centre of the stone industry and provided the beautiful Purbeck Marble which adorns some of the most fantastic Cathedrals in the country. The stone was used to build the roads and pavements of London. This part of Swanage’s history is never very far away. Maybe this is also part of Swanage’s charm that there is always something new to discover. The best set of dinosaur footprints to have been found are now in the Natural History Musuem – they were found at Durlston Bay.
There are 3 x 2 bed flats, 2 x 1 bed flats and a self-contained king room with en-suite.
The apartments have been recently redecorated with new carpets and furniture.
- Apartment 1 – double, twin, shower room and toilet with toiletries, kitchen, living and dining room, sleeps 4
- Apartment 2 – double, twin, shower room with toiletries and separated toilet, kitchen, living and dining room, sleeps 4
- Room 3 – king room with en-suite shower and toilet with toiletries, sleeps 2
- Apartment 4 – double, double, shower room and toilet with toiletries, kitchen, spacious living and dining room, sleeps 4
- Apartment 5- double, shower room with toiletries and separated toilet, spacious kitchen with breakfast table, living room, sleeps 2
- Apartment 6 – double with en-suite shower room and toilet with toiletries, kitchenette with breakfast bar, living room, sleeps 2